Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Relationships and the Shack

During worship Sunday, I really felt like I was more focused on all I needed to do for the move than on my relationship with God. I know I'm supposed to be focusing on Him, but sometimes, life is just overwhelming and I lose focus. Ever done that?

So, my first reaction was, "But God, I have so much going on, How am I going to do that?" and then there was the guilt thing too. After a few moments of just being quiet, I really felt some peace. And then I was reminded of The Shack. Wonderful book! If you haven't read it, I highly recommend it.

Anyways, in the book, their grace before the meal is just the 4 of them talking. And I realized, that's what God wants from me. And what I need from Him. Yep, the morning quiet time is good, but ultimately, it's about an on-going dialogue with God. If I just had 30 mins. every morning with my hubby, I sure wouldn't feel like I had much of a relationship with him. Same with God.

So, what it was that got me on Sunday morning was that I was missing that on-going, all day conversation with God. I've just been too caught up in the things going on around me and need to remember that God is right here with me all day long.

3 comments:

Steve said...

Wow. Sweet blog!

The Swann's said...

New reader... Stumbled from another blog that I found thanks to sharing a love for the book, The Shack and well, I see you love it too! :-)

You are on an adventure and I will certainly add you to my prayers!!! May God bless you and your family and those lives that you touch!

~Meghan

John, Carla & Rae Shaw said...

@meghan- thanks for reading and the prayers!