Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Good works vs God's work




One of the things God has been speaking to me about lately is doing God's work vs good work. Being a missionary, there is plenty of good work to do. God wasn't telling me to stop doing what I was doing, but to make sure that I'm doing His work. So, after meditating & praying about it, what I really got out of all this is that it is up to me to make sure I am doing what God wants me to do. That didn't mean in my case to sit & pray about every activity that I'm doing, but to see God in all that is going on. Let's face it, it's easy to get into the task mode. You know which one I mean. Oh, it's Monday...that means we go to Kabokweni, feed kids, play with them, maybe help do the dishes, etc., etc. Task mode! Good work! But God was saying, "Are your eyes open to me being there?" So, instead, it's a heart attitude. God, can I show your love to a child today by holding him? Does my eyes meet those of the little girl I hand a plate to to show her value in your eyes? Am I speaking encouraging words & life into the ladies who are volunteering? Does anyone see you through me today?

No comments: